Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, April 13, 2012

Meet June Belfie

June Belfie will be visiting the next couple of days. Here is a little about her to whet your appetite:

At this time of my life, I'm enjoying living in a small town in Pennsylvania with my husband Jim. While he handles our rental units and attends his wonderful gardens, I take care of our antique shop and write away. I've produced eight novels in five years, but only now am confident enough to work on marketing and sharing my stories with others. After raising five children, we enjoy the eight grandchildren, who span in age from five to twenty-three. I moved many times through my lifetime and painted, owned a thirty-eight room inn in the Pocono Mountains where I cooked for the guests and ran art workshops. At various times in my life, I also worked in a bank, played the piano, directed a choir, and went to decorating school in NYC. Everything I've experienced, including a difficult divorce, has led me to this point in my life. God has been my fortress throughout my valleys and my mountaintops. I've been truly blessed.

6 comments:

  1. It's nice to meet you, June. Your life of writing books and running the shop sounds really beautiful. :) And I LOVE that tea cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty
      I'm glad you stopped by Lynnette's blog. I have had an interesting life so far. Wonder what my next challenge will be!!
      Glad you liked the tea cup and saucer. I have a small collection of tea cups. As a dealer, I try not to get too attached to things, but I have a weakness for c. & s.'s and bisque miniature bride and groom sets. (weird?)

      Delete
  2. June, I enjoyed learning about you. We seem to have much in common! I too love to paint and cook and love the mountians. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephenia,
      Love your name! Was your father named Stephen?
      It's funny, but I'm a bit compulsive I think. When I paint, that's all I want to do. I'll finish off 6 canvases and then put the brushes away and head for something else.
      But for the last 5 or 6 years, I've wanted to write and the desire is not going away! I still like to bake and play the piano, but my mind is usually working on the next book.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Creative people! I love all that stuff too. Right now I love working in our small plant nursery and I'm thinking of adding a gardening column to my blog site. What think you? enjoyed the visit. < joins you in a cupa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think gardens are great and I love seeing others - flowers and vegies both. Mine have been soaking in a mostly gentle rain for several days so when the sun comes out they will POP!

    ReplyDelete