Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Do forty and fifty-year-olds deserve love?


Tell us a little about Leap of Faith, released June 21. What is the genre? What is it about?
 'Leap of Faith' and is the first in my DUTY WITH HONOR series. It is a suspense/romance, about a couple of 'forty-something's that find love, with adventures on the way.
Is this completely out of imagination, or are there elements of your real life experience in the plot/characters?
Well, except for the rich and famous brother, and the handsome and even richer hero, it's about me - 100%.  ;-) There are a few elements of me in my heroine.; but she's pretty fabulous. Seriously, most of it is from my fevered imagination; with just a sprinkling of true elements from my life. The trick is for the readers to figure out which is which. Here's a hint:  I don't weigh 130 lbs.
How much of your personality and life experience is in your writing?
To a great extent, my heroine, Beth, exhibits many of my personality quirks; and unfortunately some of my life experiences.
Where do your ideas come from?
Does anyone really know that?  This came from my 'knee-jerk' reaction to a class writing assignment.  We were supposed to write about a twenty-year-old, walking through a park and stumbling on love.  At nearly fifty, I wondered why love seemed to be reserved for twenty-year-olds.  Forty and fifty year-olds deserve love too.  I kept thinking of that old line, "Love is wasted on the young.".  I also was re-evaluating my life, and wrote about what my fantasy life and love would be.
How long did it take you to write this book? Edit it?
I began the book(s) on May 1st, 1999 and finished the first draft on September 15th of that year.  Then life got in the way.  I went through a divorce, moved across the country and met a new man.  And, to my surprise, I discovered I didn't get anything really accomplished when I was happy.  Unfortunately, once more, life took care of that obstacle. After some assessing and revamping, another major move and a new man, I found a way to balance happiness and work.  I struggled in some writers' groups - where I learned that you can't make everyone happy. Along the way, I acquired that 'mandatory-for writers' rejection file.  Finally I found someone who liked my writing,  and turned out to be a born editor. He helped me finish the edits and revisions.
Why did you decide to write (insert genre and rating here)?
The truth is, I didn't actually decide anything - it just happened.  But, after I faced the realization to get a mammoth 260,000 + word book published was daunting, I broke it into four books.  They're all suspense/romances, but the ratings vary.  'Leap of Faith' is Sweet/Warm, but the next in the series, 'Second Chances', will have a higher rating.  After that, they'll be back to Sweet/Warm, at least until the fifth book, 'An Unexpected Pause', currently in the first draft stage.  So far, it's turning out to be steamy.

Buy today:
jordanbollinger.com
jordanbollinger.blogspot.com
jordanbollinger@rocketmail.com
Desert_Breeze_Publishing_Connections
Yahoo Messenger -jordanbollinger@rocketmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I've seen several books on "older" romances and I think its awesome. You go girl! 280,000 words! wow, that's well....epic!

    ReplyDelete