Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, May 11, 2012

Excerpt from Kidnapped by Maria Hammarblad

"The lift won't take you anywhere; it'd be futile to try. You will have a room on this floor. You can go to the bridge to look out if you want to, but the computer will not obey you. If you try anything, anything at all, it's back to the cell and I'll forget I ever metyou."

Even though Patricia's fear had started to turn into curiosity, it still seemed safer not to say anything, so she nodded obediently and followed him. After a few steps, caution vanished, and her mouth started talking all by itself. "It's a big ship. And empty."

Her warder stared straight ahead, andfor several seconds she thought he wouldn't answer. "Yes. It can hold over 2000 troops and almost as many prisoners."

"How many are here now?"

Turning his head to stare at her, his eyes seemed cold again, and his tone of voice made it clear the discussion was over. "You and me. Stop asking so many questions."

She stopped to stare, mouthing, "WOW,"but Travis didn't wait. He was already moving forward and she had to run again to catch up with him.

When he eventually did stop, he nodded towards a door. "You can stay in here. There are clothes in the closet. Behave."

There were so many things she wanted to say, so many questions to ask, but one thing stabbed harder at her mind than everything else. It was just too creepy. "Clothes from other prisoners?"

She paused, and forced the question overher lips. "Dead prisoners?"

Travis shrugged. "They're clothes."

LINK TO BUY when available in May http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-292/Kidnapped-Maria-Hammarblad/Detail.bok

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting me share this on your blog! Poor Patricia!
    =D Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been fun to have. Poor Patricia and her captor both grow and change a lot through huge adventures. Great book!

      Delete
  2. There's a lot of intrigue in this excerpt. I'm curious as to how Patricia finds herself in this situation with Travis. I also like the cover. It's just as intriguing as the excerpt. You've piqued my curiousity.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good excerpt. And I'm with Steph. I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. The excerpt gives me the chills. Hope she makes it out okay.
    Janis Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph and tina, thank you for stopping by! I'm glad you like the excerpt! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohhhh. Sounds good. I have to say, you've got me curious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for coming over!
    Janis, I am delighted to hear the excerpt gives you the chills. Her situation is very scary in my head, but it's always difficult to know if the emotions make it through when put into words.

    ReplyDelete