Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cuffe Sisters on Writing and a little about them

Where do you write? Describe your writing space. Anything that helps in the background? (Tea, music, pets etc.)

Sophie:  We have a small office in our daylight basement with our desks situated so our chairs are back-to-back.  Sadie's always got a cat sleeping on her desk (when it's not busying taking over her keyboard and adding lines in cat-speak).  Our mostly-Australian shepherd, Henry, makes the rounds from sleeping on my feet, to sleeping on her feet, to sleeping in front of the bookcase... you get the idea.  Sometimes we have music going, but now that we're *ahem* older, we find relative silence is a nice thing.
Do you have a schedule (daily or book-long) for writing, or do you just go with the flow?

Sadie: I prefer to write in the mornings (when I’m at my least brain dead), but real-life schedules demand I go with the flow. I never used to be a night owl, but now I do quite a bit of work in the midnight hour (when I’m sometimes severely challenged with no viable brain activity to draw upon).
A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less?

Sadie: The Other Sophie

Sophie:  That would make me "the other Sadie" - we get that a lot. People can't tell us apart, even though I'm six years older (that's good, right?).  But I think I'd like mine to read, "She made people happy."
If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?

Sadie: Right here on Inherit the Wind Farm, but with the money-is-no-object part, I’d build a new barn, buy a walk-behind tractor and attachments, and take a trip to New Zealand, coming home via Scotland and Ireland.

Sophie: I've lived in Germany and California and, like Dorothy, there's no place like home for me.  I visit my son in Tennessee, and my daughter in Vermont, and I'm homesick after three days.  Which keeps me from wearing out my welcome anywhere!  We're so blessed to live here in Unorganized Territory! But I wouldn't mind accompanying Sadie on that trip to New Zealand!

8 comments:

  1. Lynette, Sadie, and Sophie ~ Three of my fav gals. Great interview.

    Sadie/Sophie ~ I also usually have a cat on my desk. LOL But my area is a lot messier than yours sounds. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Nike, you have no idea of the mess - we both have so many papers piled in front of our screens it's embarrassing! But we know where the stuff is we need, so we can't really put it anywhere else or we'll never find it again. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the comment, Nike. I have two cats, a dog and a bird who share my work space

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks, Sadie and Sophie, for the visit. Loved having you here. Your books are wonderful and they flow from you two wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blog. I so agree with you - there is no place where I am more comfortable than at home. I use my writing as my excuse for staying home. When we were in Scotland, for some reason I felt like I'd come home so maybe, possibly, if I wish for it long enough, I can return to Scotland and find my heart that I lost while we were there four years ago. If it took a while, it would be fine with me.

    I love hearing your stories about what you do together. Your love comes through in your words. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paisley, when we moved to Unorganized Territory in 2003 it was like coming home. We grew up in mid-coast Maine, but it's become a nightmare of heavy traffic and bigger cities eating up the countryside. Moving downeast was like taking a step back in time. And when we turned the corner and got the first glimpse of our land here, the tape was playing "Feels Like HOme to Me" by The Trio. It doesn't get any better than that! We hope you make it to Scotland. May we come with you? It and Ireland are two places we'd like to see someday. S&S

      Delete
  5. Great interview. I love your little slice of paradize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jillian, we love our little slice of paradise, too! It's always great to hear from you. And Lynette, thank you sooooooo much for this! We love the way you incorporated the pictures that are near and dear to our hearts. Sorry to be late in answering here, but sometimes life intervenes when you least expect it. God bless you all! S&S

      Delete